Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weighing Our Options....and Waiting.

After a crazy Friday, we have plenty of time to think things over and explore the various options. I am a bit gun shy now and am questioning the upcoming repair.

Questions, questions, questions.

Some worries:

Will $7,700.00 worth of fuel injectors really fix the problem? Or is this just the next logical replacement step?

Can I trust my truck after the repair?

Was I trying to tow too much? How big is too big?

We are paying $44.00 per day in this park, and no way to move it.

More thoughts:

What is better?  A fifth wheel/truck or Motorhome/toad?

How much trade in value is our rigs?

Can we still make it to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta?

We walked across the street to a big Camping World here in Bakersfield, and looked around. Couldn't help noticing the Motorhomes for sale there. We did look at some. Lots of thinking to do.

Meanwhile I had to explore this RV Resort we have found ourselves in. I went to the pool area looking for the gym.


It's in there somewhere.

Found the laundry room.


Lots of machines, and clean too. $1.50 per machine. Glad we have our own washer/dryer. ???

I found the gym. Nicely equipped.


I dinked around there for awhile and then time to cool off and relax.



Hope to hear some news tomorrow. Then figure out some next steps.

Meanwhile...


This life is still GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. We are really hoping to see you 2 in Albuquerque in a couple of weeks. Your truck is the same age as ours, we have a Ford though, not that makes any difference. We feel your pain as we sat for 2 weeks getting the blown tire issue fixed a few weeks ago.

    Good luck and we will be watching your blog.

    Mark & Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only problem with MH is that if it goes down, then you're staying in a hotel :) Least the weather is good in Bakersfield!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About every 3 months I get the M/H itch. It takes another look at floor plans for me to realize I like our 5th wheel.
    Hope your test goes well on your truck.

    ReplyDelete