Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Visiting North Bend. OR

Slept great last night. It has been hot here. 95 degrees yesterday, thank goodness it cooled down at night. We were going to North Bend to visit my Aunt Ruth. We called ahead and found out she went to Arizona and we would miss her. We will go on to North Bend and visit with my cousins Cathy and Alvin.

Started the truck....and the check engine light was on. Crap!

I drove to an auto repair place here in Sutherlin, and they plugged in their analyzer. The code showed that the number 8 glow plug needed replaced. They assured me that it was ok to drive, so we headed to North Bend.

I stopped at a O'Rielly Auto Parts store there and had them check it again. I wanted a second opinion. Yep, The number 8 glow plug needed replaced. I bought one for $20.00.

We then visited my cousins. It had been a long time. We talked for several hours.

Alvin (Butch)


And Cathy and her husband Dennis.

It was great catching up.

We got ready to head back to the park, and guess what?   The engine light was out.  Cool.

I will keep the part , just in case it comes back.

We drove back across the cool bridge along Highway 101.


Highway 101 is a beautiful drive. Lots of sand dunes in this area.



On the way back to Sutherlin, we saw herds of elk.


Having a wonderful time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment