Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23, 2012 - Installing the EMS

Donna is getting everything back into our rig. Now I get to re-install my goodies. I have to re-install my Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C 50 Amp Surge Protector w/ Voltage Protection & Remote Display, our solar setup we got from AM Solar (4 panels and charge controller), and the Magnum Energy MS 2012 2000 Watt Inverter. Today is the EMS.


I pulled out the AC breaker panel and disconnected the incoming power cable and pulled it back to the basement. Our Bighorn basement is huge. I removed the wall section revealing all the hoses and wiring. There is plenty of room to work in there. I then fished a 5 foot piece of 6-3 w/ground power cable, that I picked up at Home Depot, into the basement.



I was able to connect the power cables into the EMS without standing on my head. It is good to have all the slack and room to work.



I mounted it just inside of the basement wiring area. It is the 'neatest' installed item in the mass of wires and hoses and stuff. I am sure I will be in here again when doing the solar and inverter stuff.



I fished the cable into the control area for the Remote Display.



Now after we move to a new location, I can plug into shore power and just open the door and see if the power is good or not. The display will show the operating frequency, and the Voltage and current on each leg.



Next is the solar equipment. It gets dark soon after I get off work and it has been raining lately. But we have lots of time. The rig is winterized and we will have it ready to live in probably about March 1st. I am still retiring July 1st and then we will be off.

Meanwhile, we check the blogs and forums and continue to plan and dream. Time is moving quickly and we are counting the days. 251!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment