Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012 - Ferg's Birthday, East Wenatchee, WA

We are back from the RV Dreams Rally. We had such a great time. As we left the rally, Howard and Linda weighed our rig. The Cameo was 13,725 pounds and balanced pretty well. But our truck had 766 pounds too much on the rear axle. So I have been looking for a bigger truck. I liked the Duramax/Allison in my GMC. It always pulled like a champ.

The last 2 vehicles we have bought came from Dave Smith Motors out of Kellogg, Idaho. We always get a good deal there without the high pressure of car salesmen. We made the drive and started checking out the short list of possible trucks that met my 'wish list'. With many to choose from, I chose a 2008 Silverado 3500HD dually. After trying it out and inspecting the heck out of it, we bought it. They are going to do a few things to it, like a new spray on bed liner and detailing. We will pick it it Saturday, October 6th. Here is a couple of quick photos I took on my Iphone.





I pulled out my 41 gallon auxillery Fuel tank and will re-install it in the new truck. We are giving my Hijacker autoslide hitch to my Sister because they are moving ahead with their dream of retireing and going full-time too.





I have been researching new hitches and if the gooseneck ball hitch in my new truck is a B&W type, I plan on going with the B&W Companion hitch. It has had very good reviews. Plan B will be a Curt Q24, a 24K hitch.

I was kinda bummed after hearing that I was over-weight, but everything is working out just fine. I can't wait to pick up the new truck.

On the way home, we stopped at Blue Dog RV in Post Falls Idaho. Since the RV Dreams rally, we were kinda dreaming of moving up to a slightly bigger fifth wheel...kinda. We walked through a few rigs and didn't see anything we cared for.

Only 270 more days till my retirement and then we're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment