Friday, November 2, 2012

November 2, 2012 - Installing the Solar Set-up

For the past several days, I have been re-installing our Solar set-up that we bought from AM Solar last April. Today, they are in and working. Here is some photos of the install process.

I had to get a PV cable from the basement to the roof. I couldn't use the refrigerator vent like in our Cameo because is is in a slide. The closest vent pipe was in the wall and not over the basement, so I had to drill. I used a closet that was in our bedroom.

Here is where I drilled up to the roof. .



After my starter hole, I used a 1 1/8 inch round hole bit. Note how thick the roof is.





Up comes the PV cable and the combiner box is installed. I used lots of Dicor. No leaks for us!




I put the 4 100 Watt panels in-line with enough slack so we could tilt them. Again using lots of Dicor and stainless screws.




The PV cable went down through each shelf of the closet into the basement. I secured the PV cable into the inside corner of the closet where you can not see it.






Through the same holes with the PV cable, I ran the 2 wires for the Tri-Star RM-2 Remote Monitor for our Solar equipment and for the ME-RC50 remote battery monitor for our Inverter. They mounted great at the end of our closet.



I put new back board up in the basement for the Tri-Star 45 charge controller, 300 amp catostrophic fuse, Shunt, ME-BMK battery monitor, and the Magnum Enery MS 2012 2000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter all using 2/0 wedling cable.








I connected up the 2 12 volt batteries that came with the rig, but I have ordered 4 Lifeline GPL-4CT AGM 6 volt batteries. An easy swap when they get here.



Here is the working rig. I still have to finish the Inverter install.






Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment