Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 6, 2012 - Picked Up The new Truck...and...looked?

We got up early. Left the house at 5:00 AM and headed for Coeur d'alene, Idaho to Dave Smith Motors. We had our GMC all cleaned out and ready to give up for our new truck.

We arrived at 8:15 and sure enough, the truck was ready. It was cleaned and full of fuel. We signed a few papers and gave up our old truck.

On the way back home, we stopped again at Blue Dog RV because they had emailed me some photos of a new RV they recieved and Donna wanted to stop and check it out. It was a 2009 Heartland Bighorn. Hmmm... It was pretty nice. We liked the way the windows opened, had a bigger refrigerator, was longer (38 feet), much more storage (very important), more room in the bedroom, and a good price. Donna said lets see what our Cameo is worth as a trade-in. I reminded her that we were just looking. The numbers were looking pretty good too. Donna loved it. I said no, no, no...I gotta sleep on this. Golly, we just bought a new truck. And I would have to remove my solar setup, battery bank, inverter, EMS, and lots of wiring and stuff.

We headed home. Our new truck does have the B&W Turnover Gooseneck Ball hitch all ready installed. I will order the B&W Companion fifth wheel hitch today.

Here is some new photos of our new 2008 Silverado 3500HD DRW truck.








We love our new truck. This should carry the load. And...let me think about that new fifth wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment