Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 7, 2012 - A New Fifth Wheel

Well, that decision didn't take too long. Donna called Blue Dog RV and told them we will take the deal that they offered us the day before. We are trading in our 2008 32 foot Cameo and getting a 2009 38 foot Bighorn by Heartland.


Here were the things we really wanted in a new fifth wheel:
Longer with more living space
More storage area
Two air conditioners
Larger refrigerator (double door)
More kitchen counter space
Windows that slide open, not the crank type
Room in the basement for my batteries, inverter, and solar stuff
More slide-outs
Built as good or better than our Cameo
Must give us the 'feel' of home







I have done my home work too. Good reviews of the rig and the Heartland organization. They have a pretty good Heartland Owners Forum too.

We plan on picking it up on the 15th if I get my new B&W Companion Hitch that I ordered installed. In the mean time, Donna is busy emptying everything and I am pulling out the EMS, batteries, inverter, and solar equipment. It is quite a job. But easier removing than installing.

No comments:

Post a Comment