Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012 - Picked Up Our New Fifth Wheel

For the last week, Donna has been emptying our Cameo and cleaning the rig so we could trade it in. I have removed the 4 solar panels from the roof. I had to leave the combiner box up there because it was really on there good. I used lots of Dicor and was afraid if I tried prying it off, I could damage the rubber roof. I was able to remove the 16 solar panel mounting feet. They were attatched with 2 screws each and Dicored to death. It was tough but they were 20 bucks each and I didn't want to go though the expense of ordering more than I had to. I did order a new combiner box ($69.95). After I had all my gear off the roof, I used 2 tubes of Dicor and filled all the scerw holes.


I then removed our Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C 50 Amp Surge Protector w/ Voltage Protection & Remote Display and our Magnum Energy MS 2012 2000 Watt Inverter. It was kinda a pain, but I got everything spliced back to normal. After removing the 2 monitor panels in the hallway, I had to cover the big holes. I used a 6 by 8 inch piece of cherry wood (part of an end table) and it covered the holes and looked pretty good too.


We had to have the rig to Blue Dog RV in Post Falls, Idaho by 11:00 so we left around 6:30. My new B & W Companion hitch worked great even though I installed it in the lowest mounting holes and the bed rail clearance was only 3 inches.

The last trip with our Cameo.




Once at Blue Dog RV, we surrendered the Cameo and they re-installed our Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo into our new Bighorn. They also winterized it for us since we will not be in it all winter. We took part in the walk-through and everything seemed to be in order. While we were there, we purchased a Rand McNally RVND 7710 GPS.


Then off we go to get her parked at our 'Home Sitting' location.





It was just starting to get dark when we arrived back to East Wenatchee. Donna guided me and we made it through the apricot orchard and after a 6 point turn-around, had it backed into the parking space.






Now all we have to do is put all of our 'stuff' back it our new BH. And I get the pleasure of re-installing all the gear I pulled off our old rig.

We love our new 'home'.

No comments:

Post a Comment