Friday, October 4, 2013

The RAT....In Arizona

We have moved on. A 317 mile moving day. We won't be traveling that far in a day again.

We left Bakersfield at 5:30AM. We wanted to beat the heat and winds in the high desert. CA58 to Barstow then I40 to Needles, then Hwy 95 North to Ft. Mojave.

The truck performed great. 3 pretty good mountain passes...no problem. I have my confidence back.

Stopped at a rest area and had to take a photo so I can update all my web pages (www.thefergs.com).


We checked into the RAT....Riverside Adventure Trails in Ft. Mojave, AZ. Here is our site, number 43.





I did a walk about, in the very windy conditions.

The entrance, check in office, and the club house.




Nice pool area with hot tub.  We will be in there soon.


The snow birds aren't here yet so we have lots of room.


This is a RPI so only 10 bucks a night for us. I think we will be here 2 weeks. Donna has a brother here and we made it over to their place for dinner. Gene made a wonderful Mexican dinner.


Donna visiting with Gene's wife, Cyndi.


They just bought a house here after full timing for 13 years.

Now for a few pics of the cool cacti here at the park.




















OK...enough of the cacti!

Smelling the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment