Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving, Desert Paradise RV Park, Yuma, AZ - November 25, 2021

 We want to wish all our friends and family a very happy Thanksgiving Day. We have much to be thankful for this year. As strange as it was, there is lots of good out there, if you just look that direction. This year, we went out to feast at the Golden Corral in Yuma. It wasn't too bad. We definitely got our moneys worth. We are so full.....


After 2 weeks here at the Desert Paradise RV Park, we are off tomorrow to Quartzsite. Looking forward to meeting up with friends there, and the beautiful, peacefulness of the desert.


While we were here, we have made several trips to and from our mini-storage, going through stuff and down-sizing some more. It is never ending. Our focus this time is to lighten our load in the RV. 


I also finished the install of our new Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C. It went pretty smooth. No sparks or anything. It even worked when I got it done.










The repair of our sagging floor on one side of one of our slides, I have changed the plan. I will beef it up using braces inside and out with lots of screws. Once it looks good, I will install slide skis and re-seal.




Hope to get this done at Quartzsite. Or soon after.


We have also decided to rip out the old carpet in the rig (except on the slide), and after injecting the epoxy, lay down vinal tile. I probably will start this while in Q.


Donna and I both have had doctor appointments while here. I still have 6 more scheduled. My doctor likes to do lots of tests. I really don't mind it. It is all paid for by my Medicare Supplements and it is always good to make sure all is well. So far so good.


It is good to be south for the season. We have had several nice sunrises and sunsets.





I am sure there will be lots more to come.


The other day, we picked up a lot of our Christmas decorations from the mini storage, and Donna got to work making our RV 'festive looking'.





I have also produced our annual Ferguson Christmas Newsletter this year. I did miss it the last couple of years, and it feels good to get back to it again. It is just a re-cap of what we have been doing this last year and to wish all a Merry Christmas. We mailed out 37 Christmas cards with the newsletter, and for many friends that I don't have mailing addresses for, here is the link to our newsletter online.


www.thefergs.com/8/Christmas Newsletter 2021.htm




Happy Holidays my friends...




The Fergs out .......

2 comments:

  1. Have fun in Q, we are going to miss it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure by now you can do those solar installs with your eyes closed. It was great catching up with you guys in Q.

    ReplyDelete