Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Copper Mountain RV Park , Tacna, AZ - January 6, 2015

The Copper Mountain RV Park in a pretty good bargain.

For full hookups, they charge just $190.00 a month plus electric. That's pretty darn inexpensive. It is 31 miles from Yuma.

We are doing a week here because my sister is here,



and the cold spell makes it cold in Quartzsite.

There is a big activity center here. A nice clean park.


The spaces are huge too.


My sister Karen & her husband Cliff's Sydney 5th wheel.

Our spot.



Oh, and when we got here and opened up our slides, our living room slide didn't extend correctly. Only one side was going out and not the other. I manually pushed the slide out as Donna worked the buttons. Once it was fully extended, I looked under the slide to look for anything out of the ordinary. I saw a broken shear pin on the ground.

No wonder the gears on that end weren't turning.


We headed into Yuma to a RV parts store and found out that all I needed was a 1/4 inch grade 5 bolt. We picked up a couple of them at Home Depot and that did the trick.

I tested the slides, and they are working fine now. Whew!!!

While we were here, we visited the Verizon store and added 2 smart phones to our data plan. We had a 10 gig data only plan for 80 bucks a month. There was a special promotion going on we took advantage of. We each get $150.00 credit on our bill for porting our number from Straight Talk to Verizon. And by using the Verizon Edge plan, we each got $25.00 a month credit on purchasing a smart phone. I ended up with a Samsung Galaxy S5 for $0.00 a month, and Donna got an I Phone 6 for just $2.12 a month. In 18 months we can turn them in and upgrade, or in 24 months, we will own them. All with no Verizon contract.

Now we have a Verizon Jetpack, 2 smart phones, and 10 gigs of data per month.

At this park, there is an 18 hole golf course that wraps around 3 sides of the park. It is a desert course .... really. So we went at it.



Like one big sand trap.




Karen tin'g off.



Hazards!



There is no putting here. I played the whole course with a 7 iron. The holes ranged from 60 yards, to 240 yards. I shot a 87.

And here is the new member of the family. Tinker Bell Gemstone Ferguson.

This is Rumble Bunny's new best friend. It is a kick watching them play. Tink is going to be a great RV cat.

4 comments:

  1. Well...... you picked a great week to come down to the Yuma area, much warmer down here! Nice picture of Tinker Bell, she looks like a movie star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a good week in Yuma. Yes, warmer is good. Now in Quartzsite. beautiful weather.

      Delete
  2. That reminds me Allen to change out my bolt. I've had that happen twice now so as preventative maintenance I'm replacing the one that always breaks yearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to know that this bolt thing has happened to others. I feel better now. And I carry a spare now too.

      Delete