Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Flat Tire, Mail Woes, and Easter

I took my truck in for it's first service, an oil change. I chose a Chevy dealer in Issaquah, WA. I have 2 years of maint. that came with the truck. I had just over 7,000 miles on it and the display said the oil life was at 8 percent. Time to see how the 'free' maintenance plan works.

I was at the dealership at 8:30 AM for my appointment. They not only changed the oil and filter, but checked all fluid levels, brakes, tire rotation and pressure.... all for free. Kinda!

They found in my driver's side rear tire, a big staple....in the sidewall!! And it was leaking air. Not free! 

I normally don't have my TPMS turned on unless I am towing and it wasn't flat at all. I must have picked it up on the way to the dealer. Good thing I wasn't towing. And I guess it is another good reason to pull with a dually.  7000 miles on the tires and I now have an unrepairable tire. Crap!

They put on my spare and I told them I would get it replaced. I ordered a Michelin LTX A/T2 LT265/70R18 becuse they didn't carry that tire in stock. A few days later they installed it. $311.00!

It's only money....

I have been having a heck of a time with the USPS. I had my mail sent from Americas Mailbox in Box Elder, South Dakota, having it sent to General Delivery in Ellensburg, WA. It left SD on the 10th. 12 days ago!

While in Ellensburg, we checked both days and it wasn't there. They tracked it and it was in Dallas, Texas for some crazy reason. We had to move on so the Postmaster there said he would forward it to Monroe, WA as soon as it arrived. He said it finally did and forwarded it on the 17th. After 5 days, still nothing. I checked the tracking numbers and it made it to Seattle from Yakima, but for some reason instead of continuing on to Monroe, it went back to Yakima.   **** They are so sorry, and are working on it *****

Arrrrggggg!!!!

But, Easter time was great. We took our Grandson Roman to the mall and visited the Build-A-Bear store for Roman's Easter gift from Nana and Papa. He picked out a cool puppy.


He got him stuffed, with a heart and all. Then Nana helped fluff him up Rome picked out a name... Boomer. How cool it that?

He even picked out a feeding dish and got a birth certificate for Boomer as we left.

We went to Tim and Shannon's house that Easter morning and spent the day with them. It was Ryker's first Easter.



The Easter bunny had brought him a basket full of goodies, and even hid some outside.
The hunt!








I think someone is having as much fun as Roman!



And some bubble time too.




Then for some family Easter pictures.




The next day we had Roman spend the night at Nana and Papa's RV. We watched a couple of movies... Monster's University and The Wizard Of Oz. And played outside at the park.

At the playground in the RV park.






Nana took him through the Mini-golf area. Just walking through today.


And I had to add a couple of pictures of some strange things we have seen at this park since we have been here.

I know that Howard & Linda at www.rv-dreams.com, found a good deal on getting your RV roof re-sealed. But here is an alternative.



Kinda strange... don't ya think!

Now these folks pulled their class C motorhome in and took some extra time to get setup.

I suppose so!


Yep.... kinda strange!

Each to their own.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer on the tire but you're right, at least you were not towing. We have only requested our mail a couple times and have not have any issues (yet). We are driving through Sioux Falls in two weeks and are just going to stop and pick it up this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad on the tire, but what adorable grandsons! I'll bet the mail can be interesting. We'll see soon enough!

    ReplyDelete