Friday, May 3, 2013

Exploring the Lynden Area

Today, between the Good Sam events, we decided to go explore the area a bit. Jim and Eileen went with us in our truck.

First, we stopped at the Semiahmoo County Park between Birch Bay and Blaine, WA. Strange name, had to check it out.

Another gorgeous day. And a nice park with walking trails, marina, and a gift store.



Hey look! It's us!


 Is this a cool tree or what?


Then we went into Blaine to the Peace Arch State Park.


This is the boarder between the US and Canada. They did build a beautiful park.


Lots of trimmed flowers and sculptures.





The arch is right on the international boarder line and between the boarder inspection stations. There is a longer line to get into the US.

This is inscribed in the center of the arch.



I am in the US.


Now I am in Canada.


What a cool park.

We then headed to the town of Ferndale and to Margie's Pub.

This is just a hole in the wall. Really! We almost didn't go in because it looked like a dive or worse.


But we did and were glad we did. Cute little place, They had 9 local micro brews on tap. I tried the 6 beer sampler. I had Menace Red, Pfriem Wit, Firestone Solace, Scotch Ale, Triple Horn IPA, and Huckleberry Ale. I enjoyed the Scotch Ale the most. We all had a brat for lunch with the drinks. Very nice place after all.


We traveled into Bellingham to the Boundary Bay Brewery also and I had a Dry Irish Stout and an Amber Ale there.

Better head back (while I can)....

A little later on, I rode my bike from the fairgrounds down the streets of Lynden and took these pics on my phone camera.

The town had a Dutch theme going on.


Cool tree lined streets. Real clean.



Another windmill.


And murals too.



 A Dutch bakery...yum.




Quite a nice town worth visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment