Thursday, May 6, 2021

Crescent Bar TT to Coeur d'Alene, ID Elks - May 6, 2021

 We changed up our plans a bit so we could get parked in Washington somewhere and get started on the planning to get our truck and RV repaired. We booked 9 days in the Thousand Trails park in Crescent Bar. 

We had a really nice site, maybe the best one available. Nice view of the Columbia River out of our living room window.






While there, I worked on repairing the 5th wheel myself. That is going pretty good. I found a repair facility in Monroe, WA that deals with our brand, Prime Time Crusader 5th wheels. I called them and they are contacting the factory in search of the panel above the wheel well that got destroyed. 





I am also applying several layers of fiberglass and then Bondo on the hole in the front cap. 











We did make a trip into Wenatchee (our hometown) to my step brother's 61st birthday party. He had a brain tumor removed a few months ago and is not doing well. Lots of friends and family showed up, including my brother and sister. It was really sad. He didn't even recognize me. 


Randi.


My brother, Jim & Eileen
My sister, Karen & Cliff



We have had so many good times together. Such is life. It goes on...


My son, Tim came over for the party. His father-in-law works at a body shop in Redmond, WA. He is the one who examines the vehicles and works with the insurance companies to get the repairs done. That is just what I needed. We made arrangements to get my truck to them on the 4th, so I extended our stay at Crescent Bar for 2 more days. Initially, National General gave me an estimate of $5,631.41 for our truck. Then, for whatever reason, they revised it down to $2,724.06. They thought the inner and outer dually fenders didn't need to be replaced. All the estimates so far was from me sending them photos taken the day it happened from my phone. 


I drove the truck to them and they went over it pretty good, taking pictures of everything. They found lots of hidden damage that I had no clue of. They are submitting a new claim to my insurance company for $10,940.65. Wow! Their company specializes in repairing exotic cars such as Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and the like. With my Chevy, they said the wait for parts is just a couple of weeks instead of months. My issue now is parking the 5th wheel at the Thousand Trails in Monroe, Wa. Giving up my truck for the repairs, and getting it back in time to move to the next location. I have been researching moving companies that might move a RV for us if needed. We shall see.


On the 5th, we left Crescent Bar and made a nice uneventful move, 181 miles, to the Elks Lodge in Coeur d'Alene, ID. An easy drive in from Interstate 90. They have a 30 space RV park next to the lodge and we were hoping they had room for us. 











No problem. There were only 2 other RVs parked there. Nice and level on grass. Fifty amps with water for only $25.00. Perfect. We are here to visit with our Grandson Erik. 


Erik and his fiancĂ© Liz, visited us the day we arrived. Bringing with them their son Eli, our Great Grand Son! We had a great visit. 








We will do three days here before moving on.

The Fergs out .......

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your brother, that has to be hard for everyone involved. Was it windy along the Columbia? Anytime we have driven by it it seems windy. Good luck with the truck repair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The Gorge was beautiful. Not to often a non windy day.

    ReplyDelete