Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Soledad Canyon RV Resort - Acton, CA - April 19, 2021

 The 140 mile move from Palm Springs to Soledad Canyon was a nice easy drive.  We did 2 nights at Soledad Thousand Trails.




It was pretty windy one day, and we just dinked around the RV still cleaning out all the sand from the wind storm in Palm Springs. It is cooler now and enjoy seeing lots more trees and green bushes. We are slowly moving out of the desert area.

During our trip to Soledad TT, we got to use our TSD card again. This time it was at a Petro Truck center along Interstate 10 at Ontario, CA, The pump price was $3.02 and after fueling up, the pump reported a $87.54 sale. After the TSD discount, my bank account was just charged $76.53. Nice.

I received a call from my Step Brother's wife back in Wenatchee, WA. My Step Brother, Randi, had a brain tumor removed and is having a hard time. Going downhill fast. His birthday is May 2nd and we plan on being there for his birthday. So, we changed up our travel plans... a benefit of a fulltime RVer (plans in Jello), and will head toward Wenatchee, WA much sooner.

I decided to drive a longer day than we normally do. A 445 mile travel day, from Soledad TT to the Ponderosa RV Campground in Lotus, CA (by Placerville). It is a Thousand Trails campground that we stayed at several years ago. We opted to head north through Lancaster, Mojave, and down Tehachapi Pass toward Bakersfield and Interstate 5. A much nicer route instead of going up the Grapevine on I-5. 

Another TSD card experience. At a TA truck stop along I-5, Pump said $82.93, and I was charged $74.04. It sure helps compensate for the crazy fuel prices in California.

We made good time, entered rush hour traffic in Sacramento, but it wasn't bad at all. We got to the campground just after 5 PM.

Our site.




BUT!!!!! When pulling into the campground after a long driving day, I had a bit of an accident! Uggg!!!!


Damage to the truck and 5th wheel!



I will do a separate post of all the damage pics after I talk to my insurance agent. Uggg!!!


The Fergs out .......

No comments:

Post a Comment