Monday, April 12, 2021

Last stop in Arizona, and Battle Born Batteries - April 12, 2021

 After our last week boondocking in Quartzsite, we packed up and made the 152 miles to the Mesa Spirit RV Resort in Mesa, AZ. We spent two weeks here. Our spot.






It was pretty hot and our close neighbors helped shade us. Good enough. It was a nice park.


While there, we watched our 2 grand daughters in Phoenix while our daughter and husband took a mini 4 day vacation to Las Vegas. And then spent Easter with them.











I also received my 3 Battle Born batteries while we were at their house. I spent a good half of a day installing them.


Before


Ready to work


A little work behind the breaker panel

This is to run the refrigerator and microwave on the inverter while driving.

There they are

Less space, and 193 pounds lighter.

putting it all back

done


One day, I killed the park power for a day and tested them out. Very happy with how they worked out. I took them down to 80 percent, and they were back to 100 percent before noon the next day. Cool!!


I had been noticing a severe wear pattern on the outside front truck tire. 






I went to 2 alignment shops first and my truck would not fit on their rack. I then took it to an alignment shop in Apache Junction. They had a RV rack.

It was off quite a bit, but they got it fixed up just fine. I also had to replace the tire with my spare. The spare was like new. Never used. But original. Dated 34th week of 2014. My other tires are 05 of 2018. Needless to say, I will be buying a new tire and the 'good' old one will again be my spare.


We enjoyed out last time this season with out daughter and family, the hot weather and trips to the park pool, but it was time to head northward.


April 11th, we packed it up and left Arizona. Our stop was the Palm Springs Thousand Trails in Palm Desert, CA, a 279 mile trip.


Amid the palm trees.






The Fergs out .......

4 comments: