Saturday, December 17, 2016

Finishing Our Time in Tacna, AZ - December 17, 2016

Tomorrow is moving day. We will be heading north toward Las Vegas for Christmas. We will have spent 26 days here at the Copper Mountain RV Park in Tacna, AZ. It has been a good stay. Spent lots of time with my sister, checking out the Yuma area, and getting our Christmas shopping done and in the mail.

This last week, I hiked up Telegraph Pass. This hike was a little over 4 miles with an almost 1300 feet of elevation gain, all in the last half mile. Man! It was steep!


The destination in the distance.



It started off up a rocky valley.



A ... what chu mu call it.




Lots of trails to explore.



Just about to start the steep part. Anyone need to lighten their load?



This is a concrete type road for the service vehicles.




Up, up, up.



This was one steep road!



Yuma, way down there.



Great views at the top.




And lots of cell towers.





A box with a log book inside.



A selfie, with the 'I Made It!' book.



What a climb.





Pretty neat up here. I used to do the service work on this stuff.





Heading down. Looking back at the peak.





On another day, Donna and I explored the old historic part of Yuma, old town.




Besides the quaint little shops, I was surprised to see so many pubs.





It was a kinda neat place to visit.

On the 16th of December, we finished a thing that we had started back on January 1st. We finished reading all the way through the Bible together. This most popular book through-out the ages, that everyone is familiar with, how many people have read it's entirety? I think this is my 6th time through. I had a late start in the faith. We have a copy of the audio Bible on a couple of DVDs and play it as we follow along, stopping whenever we want to discuss something. We tried to read 6 chapters a day, but couldn't really stick to that. But, we finished! A good feeling.

Time to pack it all up and prepare to move along.

I guess I had better wake up the cats.....


Merry Christmas!

1 comment: