Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving, Tacna, AZ - November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving to all! We are at the Copper Mountain RV Park in Tacna, AZ, 40 miles east of Yuma along Interestate 8.

The 260 mile trip from Cottonwood was uneventful, even through Phoenix. We did have one issue though. When we got all packed up and ready to leave, the motorhome wouldn't start. The battery was too low. The voltage read 9.9 volts. I even tried the 'Aux Start' button that was suppose to link the house batteries into the circuit. Nothing.

No jumper cables, no battery charger. hmmmm. We had hookups for 4 days, after 19 days of boondocking, and now this happens?  So ... I fired up our generator and the battery voltage jumps up to 14.4 Vdc. Then I started the motorhome, and turned off the generator. Battery was reading 14.4. Seems to be charging ok. I learned 3 things. The 'Aux Start' doesn't work, the house batteries are the ones that start the generator, and the generator will charge the house batteries and motorhome battery.

After driving all the way to Tacna, the battery stayed fully charged. I did check the fluid level and it was a little low, and one cell was really low. I topped it off with distilled water, and I will keep my eye on it before we have to leave here.

Here at Copper Mountain RV Park, we got all set up behind my Sister, Karen.



Karen & Clifford are assistant managers here. We haven't seen them since workamping with them at Crescent Bar TT.

Enjoying the new fire pit with them.



Today, we had a nice Thanksgiving potluck.


Getting ready.


The desert table.



A pretty good turnout.




Time to eat!



Much to be thankful for. We are blessed!

Time for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment