Saturday, December 12, 2015

Copper Mountain RV Park - Tacna, AZ - December 7 to December 12, 2015

We just finished our 1st week here at Copper Mountain RV Park. My sister Karen and her husband Cliff are work Kamping here as activity directors. We have played card bingo, regular bingo, had a burger BBQ, movies, and ice cream socials. Donna has been volunteering too.



I played a round of desert golf on the 7th. I enjoyed it and shot a 71. But ....

The next morning, I was in pain. My lower back was killing me. I mean really! When I blew out a disc back in 2012, had surgery, and got my SS disability, this pain is just the same. I didn't think the golf was too hard on my back, but then again, I knew that I had several discs ready to go.

This sucks.

In the morning, I can't be upright (on my feet) for over 30 second. By noon, I can get around fairly good, slowly, but ok. Then the next morning, it starts all over again.

The bummer is, I have original medicare and if I go in and they do the surgery again, I pay 20 percent. Not good! On January 1st, I will have a new Medicare Advantage plan that has no deductible, just co-pays. I have to hold on till the first of the year. Argggg!

On a lighter note, there are very pretty sunrises and sunsets here.





This last Friday, after I could move, we went into Yuma and visited with fellow RV Dreamers Brock & Nathalie. We had a great visit. A lot of catching up since we last saw them in South Dakota in August 2014.



Today, we went into Wellton to take part in a craft sale at the park there. Donna and Karen sold some of there goodies they have made.






My back felt a little better this morning. A tiny bit. We will see how it goes.

Life on the road!

3 comments:

  1. Bummer about your back! Hang in there until the first of the year, only a couple more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your back. Does this mean you'll be extending your stay in Yuma for medical reasons?
    Praying for healing!!
    Dale and Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been 7 days now. And I must say, each day is getting better and better. Can't walk far, pick up anything heavy, no twisting. I feel old! We will see how it goes. Moving slowly. Life goes on...

      Delete