Wednesday, February 11, 2015

La Posa South BLM LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ - Febuary 11, 2015

We had set up a visit with Scott (Donna's Son) in Blythe, CA on Sunday the 8th at 12:00 Noon. We got off a little late and I zoomed West on I-10 into California. It was just 25 miles away, but I'm kinda 'anal' about being on time. It was 12:03 when we pulled into their driveway. OK, we are fashionably late. They were a little surprised to see us. I thought, are we still on for today? Melissa (Scott's wife) said no problem... did Scott say Arizona time, or California time?

Wowzzers! I forgot the time zone change crossing the border. We were actually 57 minutes early! But we did have a great visit.

We spent a couple of hours with them, catching up on what we all have been doing this last year. Then it was outside to take some pictures.

Scott and Donna


Melissa, Scott, and Donna

Melissa, Scott, Donna and Brock & Mia

The kids are growing us soo fast. Mia is Donna's (and mine) only Grand Daughter.

We did a little bit of geocaching a few times. This is just one of the spots I ended up driving to to find one. Glad I have a four wheel drive rig.

One day we went into Quartzsite to the Laundromat. And instead of paying for a dryer, we brought the clothes home and used the clothes-line I made. With the amount on laundry we had, I had to get a little creative and build more drying lines.

With the hot weather, and a little breeze, the clothes came out nice, soft, and dry.

In the evenings, we got to use our fire ring that we picked up in Indiana at the RV Dreams Rally.
A fire.



Marshmallows.

Millions of stars.

Life is Good!

This last week, we also took a trip up to Lake Havasu City. We made the trip to meet up with our new financial advisor, but we had to go visit the London Bridge area again.


We even found a nice Brewery nearby for lunch.

This morning, before it got too hot, we decided to take a hike up to the top of Q Mountain.








Here we go.





The Quartzsite area.







Our truck way down there.


A mountain conquered.





Had to get in a selfie!


We had a great enjoyable morning.

Even found and logged a geocache on top of the mountain.

We took our time coming down and stopped to take pictures of some of the cool cacti in the area.










Then I wondered over to Red & Pam's and watched as one of their neighbors installed new AGM batteries and an inverter into his new toy-hauler.


Looks like he was doing a good job. While I was there, Steve came over with his 'water trailer'. With this, he is able to pump out grey tanks and fill the fresh water tanks.

What a nice setup to have out here in the desert.

Mean-while, the weather has been great. The sun is definitely doing it's job on my solar panels.

Pretty good charge rate. Batteries reached 100 percent by 3 PM today.

Now for the Super News!

I almost won the lottery! OK, not THE lottery, but almost close.

Granted, the Mega-ball would have been better, but look what I found in the bottom of a 30 pack of Keystone Light.


Wow! Look what I found!

It's like the 'Golden Ticket' in the Willie Wonka movie. ..... Almost.

The Golden Can!

It must be worth a fortune .... right?

Come to find out, the promotion is over, and even then, I would only get into a drawing to win a camo beer cover or something.

Man! I was almost a big time winner. I was ready to go on the Today Show & Good Morning America and stuff.

Oh Well, It was kinda exciting for a while.

From the desert......

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, it looks like you burned your gnome in the fire! I am guessing he was safely away from the fire when the it was started. Excellent charge rate on the solar, looks like you guys are getting lots of sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun hiking. Nifty water system Steve has. We're looking forward to adding the solar in the future. Wow, a gold can! I would've been excited too!

    ReplyDelete