Friday, June 14, 2013

Killing Time...Before Graduation

We have some time to kill here before our daughter Kim's graduation from Eastern Washington University. Tomorrow is the big day and she is moving out of her dorm room today.

She called us around noon and asked if we had room in our truck. We will make room. We headed the 8 miles to Cheney and the campus.


Weather was great today.



We arrived at her dorm.


Donna and I were ready to get her moved.


Kim still had a few things to pack up.


But had a pretty good pile growing.


We packed her car and our truck.


Donna is an expert packer. We got it all.


Our oldest daughter Candy is driving our way from Vancouver, WA right now and will be here tonight. She has a 350 mile trip. Our son Tim will be here bright and early in the morning from Bothell, WA a mere 275 mile drive. Our whole family will be here for Kim's graduation, and for Father's Day on Sunday.

Kim in her outfit.


While I had some time...I decided it was time to backup my photos that have been accumulating on my hard drive. Every 1000 photos I take, I hook up my 1.5 TB external hard drive and copy them to the backup. Then I burn a DVD-R with 1000 photos on each.


I have a big notebook that I keep all our DVD in it. It has all our home movies, photos, audio books, and music (MP3s). This is the book to grab on the way out...in case of fire of something.



Also today while on Facebook, I found a group called '71st Ordinance Company Hanau Germany'. I spend 3 years with this outfit while in the Army. 1978 to 1981. I uploaded some photos I had.

This one is my graduating class at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama in 1976.


Yep, that's me in the middle of the bottom row.

Brings back some good memories. Then I got to searching around the net for my classmates. And I found one! Dale Anton, on my left. He has a facebook page and a blog.

Cool!

It's a small world after all....









No comments:

Post a Comment