Sunday, April 14, 2019

On the Road Again! - April 14, 2019

April 8th, I had my medical weight loss appointment. Back in August, I started the program weighing in at about 245. It started as a 1100 calorie a day diet, and now is a full blown Keto eating style. I get weighed in every 2 weeks. This will be my last appointment because we are heading north for the summer. Well, I lost 6 more pounds during the last 2 weeks, weighing in at 190.5. I got to graduate from the program with a BMI of 29.0. I have lost 54 pounds and feel great.


This is Renee, my weight loss counselor.







Donna started the Keto also and has dropped 27 so far. And we are still going strong.

April 10th, with the RV all packed up and ready to go, we locked up the house, and headed out. We hit a little wind, but it felt great to be traveling again. After a nice 223 mile drive north on Highwy 95, we stopped tor 2 nights at the Riverside Adventure Trails in Fort Mohave, AZ. It is an RPI campground and we only paid $11.00 a night.







While there, I had to replace our water pump. What timing! $125.00 later, we had a new pump.






Then we headed out again, not really planning a stop. We drove through some wind and even hail and snow in Nevada. After 355 miles, we found a nice place to stop in Ely, NV at Valley View RV Park. We did one night at $28.10 with Good Sam discount.




It was cold there. A little snow too. The next morning it was 23 degrees. We decided to move farther north where is was at a lower elevation and a bit warmer.

145 miles north on Highway 93, was the Welcome Station RV Park just outside of Wells, NV. Our good friends Steve & Nancy bought this park a couple years ago and have been fixing it up. We decided to spend 3 nights with them. We got 2 days with a Passport America discout, and an additional day with a Escapees discount. Three nights for $47.80 - not bad. And it was fun catching up with them.


The Welcome Station RV Park











I am having a little trouble with our landing gear making a 'crunching/clunking' sound. I think I will be replacing the gear box assembly as soon as we get to Washington.

Tuesday, we will be off again.



The Fergs out .......

No comments:

Post a Comment