Saturday, September 17, 2016

The End is in Sight (Workamping), Crescent Bar TT Resort - Quincy, WA - September 17, 2016

Donna's last day of work is the 24th, and mine is the 25th. The end is in sight! The hot tub and pool are winterized and no longer my morning 'job'. For these last two weeks, we just have to do a little work in the Welcome Center, checking folks in and out. Donna will do it 3 days a week, and me only once. We are soo ready to move on.

I've pretty much finished up the RV floor re-model work. Here are the last few pictures I took.

The front area




Entry area




Our Splendide washer/dryer combo unit died and we ran to Camping World in Spokane to buy another. This time we bought a Ariston washer only.



 Maybe we will get a matching stackable dryer later.

It fit right in where the old one was.






I have been getting our rigs ready to travel. The oil is changed in the Jeep and motorhome, as well as the K&N air filters cleaned. Tires are all aired up and wheel lug nuts torqued. I even tested the slides to make sure they go in and out over the new floor. I don't want any surprises on moving day!

Now as for the Jeep.... I heard a clunk noise the other day while backing out from a parking place from around the left front wheel area. Felt like something broke. U-joint maybe? Then it seemed to be ok. So I took it into the Jeep dealer in Wenatchee and asked for the transfer case to be serviced, and had them investigate the clunk noise I had heard. It was due for a checkup.

Boy was I surprised. They found a leaky power stearing pump, hoses, cooling unit, hood struts were bad, and a bad front left propeller shaft driveline. Nice!

Just over $2,500.00 bucks later, we got her back. OK, now we are ready to go. It is good to find and fix now, than be broken down along side the road somewhere. Like I always say ... It's only money!

Another good reason that we workamped this year.

Donna and I continue to eat according to the Whole 30 eating plan. Donna is down 20 pounds and it is 38 for me. We bought fitbits and have been walking everyday. Here is one of my favorite walking routes.

It is a 5 mile walking route.

The views at the top are awesome.




Our park, way down there.





This is a new housing area.



They are building a model home, and an office.




After my walk around the top, it is down..



down...


down...


and through all the condos.








A great daily walk.

Hitch Itch!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Just when you think you're getting ahead in the bank account there's always something that seems to knock it back down again. You're in a beautiful area.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete