Thursday, April 21, 2016

Workamping at Crescent Bar TT Resort - Quincy, WA - April 21, 2016

Crescent Bar Resort,




We have been here many times before. This place is just 25 miles away from our hometown of Wenatchee, WA. This time however, we are going to work here.




We are here before the season starts. The park isn't open to the public yet and there are a few folks who have purchaced 'Personal' spaces, and us workampers.

The place is pretty empty right now.



Karen & Cliff


Our rig.


 














Donna started Monday, the 18th, and has worked 23 hours so far during her first 4 days on the job. She has been working with my sister, Karen, and another workamper, Tammy. They have cleaned the cabins and now have them ready to rent.



Cleaned up the activity center and kitchen.




Now they are working on the restrooms and laundry room.


Tammy





I am being a house-husband right now. I will be taking care of the pool and hot tub areas later.




There are some professionals coming in May to work on the pool and hot tub. They will re-line the pool and install a second drain, and fix one of the jets in the hot tub.

Meanwhile, I have been taking care of some honey-do list stuff. I sanitized our fresh water tank, filling it with water and a cup of bleach. After a day, I drained it and re-filled it two more times. I also removed our inline water filter from it's old location in the electronics bay. I feel better that it is now an external water filter outside. Easier to change the filter now too.

I got some new hiking boots the other day. A good pair of Keens.



I totally wore out the last pair I had. I walk up the Crescent Bar hill every morning. It is a popular walking/jogging path along the roadway. It is 4.25 miles round trip and probably a 1000 ft. elevation gain to the top. I have about 25 miles on the boots so far and they feel great.

On the 19th, Donna and I took my sister Karen & Cliff out for dinner at Tijuana's Restaurant in Quincy. It was her birthday. They are also workamping here. It was a good mexican food, large helpings too.

That's what's been happening lately. The weather has been great. Highs in the upper 80s. The park opens in 5 days. My updates will probably become once a week for the next few months.

Life is good!

1 comment: