Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Fergs Go Home, Rainbow's End, Livingston, TX - February 18-24, 2016

Our last few days at Lake Conroe were pretty uneventful. We have been mini golfing everyday. On one day, Donna actually beat me. She has found the 'sweet spot' on several holes and has been getting at least one 'hole in one' on each of our matches.

Sunday, we lifted jacks and headed home.

Well, I guess 'home' is really our legal domicile location. That would be Livingston, Texas. 
Yee Haw!!!

We pulled into Rainbow's End RV Park around 2PM. This is the headquarters and RV park of the Escapees RV Club. We are going to do a week here while we take care of our doctor appointments here in Livingston. Our doctor appointments were Feb 22nd. Both our doctors are located in the same building. Donna's doctor is Dr. Elias Kanaan. Her insurance is through Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas. Her policy is BCBSTX Blue Advantage Silver HMO 102. My doctor is Dr. Hunganh Bui. My insurance is a Medicare Advantage plan through Meicare. My policy is Humana Choice PPO.

Overcast skies and windy for the next few days. Even rained at night pretty hard.

Here is my pictures of this park.


Check in.


Our section of the park




Nice Clubhouse.



The biggest selection of movies, puzzles, games and book I have seen in a park







Here is the Headquarters building



And the mail room



Nice park



Some good boondocking spots ($5.00)









Pool and Activity center




The famous Escapees Care Center





Our 'street'




And our spot.





Our doctor's appointments went pretty good. After my $15.00 copay, I got my blood pressure and cholesterol prescriptions written and on the way via mail order. I am all well, except for a little athlete's foot. I had a blood test and all is well there as well.

Donna's copay was $30.00, and she hasn't gotten her blood work back yet. She did get a pnemonia shot (Prevnar 13 - the 'get this one done' one) and she did get one of her prescriptions changed to a more expensive one. I guess that will work better????

Over all, we had a good experience and are now set till next year.

I got our Jeep safety inspected today ($7.00), and will get the RV done tomorrow. I'm hoping to get them re registered again before we leave the area.

Other than that ...... life's good!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to get all those things out of the way so now you can continue with your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice spot. It's alway nice to get those appointments out of the way.
    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete