Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Vehicle Registrations in Texas Completed, and We Have Internet - November 19, 2014

We bit the bullet and finally have mobile internet. The plan was to go through Millinicom and get their Jetpack and have 20 gigs of Verizon mobile data for only $89.99 per month. But they went out on buisness in October and all their accounts reverted back to Verizon. So I re-activated our old jetpack. It is a Novatel MiFi 4620LE.

We have had this for a couple of years. I never thought I would go back to Verizon. But I did, and will keep my eyes open for new deals that may come about. We have no contract and pay $80.00 for 10 gigs a month. We will see how it goes...

I ran a speed test and got 5.51 Mbps download speed with an 2.56 Mbps upload speed. This will do for us. I'm sure our location is a factor here.

We just got our Texas liscense plates for our truck and RV yesterday. I mailed off all the required paperwork on November 1st. There has always been lots of discussion online in regards to what is needed to register in Texas. The following is a list of what I sent. Some was overkill I am sure.

For my truck:

Form 130-U - APPLICATION FOR TEXAS TITLE
Form 272 - Application for Registration Only
Form 272-B - Vehicle Identification Number Self-Certification
Our South Dakota Registration
Insurance Card with detailed coverage amounts
Sales Tax paid in California papers (I paid more than 6.5%)
My Escapees Mail Address card
Copy of my drivers License (SD)
Copy of my Passport Card

For my 5th Wheel RV:

Form 130-U - APPLICATION FOR TEXAS TITLE
Form 272 - Application for Registration Only
Form 272-B - Vehicle Identification Number Self-Certification
Form 141 - "TRAVEL TRAILER" OR "PARK MODEL TRAILER" VERIFICATION
Our South Dakota Registration
Insurance Card with detailed coverage amounts
Sales Tax paid in Idaho papers (I paid more than 6.5%)
A photo of the 5th Wheel RV
A photo of the weight capacities

And a check for $429.00 per the Polk County Tax/Assessor lady.

All sent to the Polk County Tax Office in Livingston, TX.

No inspection required till the rig enters the state. Next year the registration will be $249.00 for both rigs for a year.

Now a trip to El Paso to get our Drivers License.  Then we be Texans .... Whaaa Hoooo!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you guys gettin that all done! Glad it all worked out. Hope your insurance goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your residency! One more thing crossed off your list.

    ReplyDelete