Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Together Again.....Back Home

Sunday, Nov 3rd, 2013

Donna got released from the hospital at noon today. We got her into our truck (whew!) and met her brother, Gene, at our RV. Gene is letting us borrow his walker for awhile. With his help, we got her up the 4 steps into the rig. We put on a great show for the neighbors, I'm sure. But we made it.

After getting her settled in her recliner with lots of pillows under her leg, I was off to fill her prescription. I went to Safeway, CVS Pharmacy, and Smith's. No one carries oxycodone. I'm bummed. I called the hospital and they got the doctor to change it to some kind of vicadin and called it in to Safeway. I was able to pick it up and now we are good to go.

Donna spent 4 nights in the Western Arizona Regional Medical Center. Before I left there, I paid our medical deductible ($1000.00) and will wait for the bills to start flowing. We have to pay 20 percent, with a yearly max of $5000.00. Thank God for insurance. Yesterday, I checked our insurance online, and they are raising our rate by $130.00 a month in 2014. OK, lets see what Obomacare will do for us!

Last Friday, I had to go pack up/hook up the rig and move it by myself. Usually Donna does the inside, and I do the outside. I now have much more appreciation for all the moving prep she usually does.

I got us moved back to the RAT (Riverside Adventure Trails) in Ft Mohave, AZ. A short 13 mile trip. I have a great rate here. Only $348.00 for a month. We may have to be here 3 months.




We will get through this. I actually enjoy taking care of her. After all, she is my other half.

Monday, Tuesday,

Donna is feeling better everyday. She hobbles around the RV using a walker.

She has to put no weight on her right leg, She uses the walker and hops on her left foot. I am right there incase she loses her balance.

Backing down the stairs.


Her recliner is only 12 hops away....


Her 'resting & healing' spot.


Check out the bruises on her leg.


They must have had her in a vise during surgery.

 
 
 
 
I am in the process of trying to find a wheel chair. Then when the pain is gone and before she can put weight on it, we can get out and do things. Maybe not do any geocaching for a while though.
 
We may not be traveling along like we thought we would, but we have each other and that is what matters.
 
At least there is no snow here.....Life is still Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment