Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Visalia Elks Lodge #1298 - April 25, 2018

Tuesday, April 24th was moving day. We were packed up by 9 AM and on our way. I sure was glad to get out of this 'Cell phone dead zone'. We just pulled out of the campground and my cell phone rang. It was from North Dakota, and I couldn't answer it. We weren't quite into good cell phone range. But I did listen to the voice mail. It was the 2018 beet harvest folks!


As soon as we got good service, I returned the call and got confirmed that I will be working the harvest. And Donna may get to do some camp hosting while I work. Awesome! Can't wait for October.


We headed north on highway 138/14 to Mojave. It was a good travel day and the road gradually climbed till we were over 4000 ft elevation. Then west on highway 58 towards Tehachapi and down, down, down into Bakersfield. We decided to stop at the Camping World store there and Donna bought some sheets for our kingsize short bed. I also bought a Surge Guard 30 amp portable protector. This is the first portable type I have ever had. The other two were hardwired 50 amp type from Progressive Industries. Glad to get one though. Every RVer needs to know what kind of power is coming in.

Just 70 more miles up highway 99, and we pulled into the Visalia Elks lodge. It is the fourth time we have been at this Elks. Twenty bucks a night for power & water. There is a dump station on site too.






We are staying 3 nights here while we get to visit with Donna's most favorite cousin, Louise. That night, Louise made us a great dinner, BBQ ribs, Macaroni salad, potato salad, cornbread, beans, and banana pudding. OMG! Wonderful!


Having a great time here with Louise.








Fergs .... out!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to readying about your beet harvest adventure! We have an in line surge protector as well. I bet you are glad to have a portable, I would get nervous every time I plugged in without one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nervous also without one. I think we are back to normal now. All equipped and rolling.

    ReplyDelete