Monday, December 13, 2021

Q to VFW, to Araby Acres, Yuma, AZ - December 13, 2021

 Our time in Quartzsite this trip finally came to an end. We had another happy hour gathering one evening with Steve & Dianne, and Colan & Marilyn, and Earl. Always enjoy these get togethers.


I started working on our 'spongy floor' issue in our 5th wheel. With all the carpet taken up, I found out that the RV must have been taken in and a repair of the floor was attempted. The problem with these 2016 models was the sandwiched flooring and the lack of under floor bracing. Someone tried beefing up the floor with several layers of plywood. Since I still have soft spots, I am still going to inject epoxy in all the spongy areas. Here is what I found under the thin layer of vinal planking.

 Before  




The floor beneath.



















I am going to make sure the floor is solid before I install my new flooring.


I was having issues with our Renogy Charge Controller and we finally received our new Victron controller and 60 amp fuse/circuit breaker. I got everything installed, and it all works great. No need to run the generator anymore.





I really like the way I can see what's going on via Bluetooth on my phone.








We also have had some awesome sunrises out here in the desert.









On another day, I drove back into Yuma for an eye exam at Sams Club, and a stress test at my doctor... yep, I passed. So with our 2 week pass at La Posa South LTVA ending, we moved on down the road and back to the VFW just outside of Yuma. 







After 4 days there, and 17 days of boondocking, we checked into the Araby Acres RV Resort in Yuma. Not a bad park. It is a Thousand Trails Collection park and we will be here for 2 weeks.





That's it for now....

The Fergs out .......

1 comment:

  1. The flooring looks like a huge project! Hope it works out and you get all the soft spots taken care of.

    ReplyDelete