Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Some Goodbyes, Windows 10, & Future Plans - Quincy, WA - August 13 - August 19, 2015

As we complete our current stay at the Thunderbird TT Park, these 8 days here have gone by quickly. We watched our Grandsons, Rome & Ryker, a couple of times.




Our oldest daughter, Candy, is back again and visited us. She spent the night with us on the way back to Vancouver. Our prayers go with her and her road to recovery.

And Tim & Shannon had us over on our last night here for dinner. Tim made a great spaghetti dinner for us.
We said our goodbyes and see-ya-laters. We will miss them and the boys. Maybe we will fly up for a visit between now and next year.

It was also, while we were at Tim's and a good internet connection, that we did the Windows 10 upgrade. Donna and I have identical computers and her's seemed to do just fine. Mine didn't. My sound didn't work, neither did my bluetooth. But most troublesome, was that the screen resolution was not right and Windows couldn't detect my video card. This made my screen look goofy.
I ended up re-installing Windows 10 again, but this time it blew away all my apps. I had to re-install 17 software programs that I regularly use. Good thing I still had all the DVDs and CDs. I even had to re-install Office and Streets & Maps. You would think that Microsoft products would go through this process ... but no.

Anyway, my computer is all better now.

Now Donna's computer, that seemed to upgrade ok, didn't. When she opened some apps, the screen would go black (black screen of death I guess), and everything would lock up. Needless to say, her computer got restored back to Windows 7 Pro. And works great now. Sheeeeesh!

And what's up with Verizon? Technomadia said on the 13th, Verizon was changing their plans. So on the 14th, I logged in and sure enough. I now have 12 gigs data per month to use with our 2 smart phones and Jetpack. And it is now $50.00 a month less! (and no contract)!
Now what would have happened if I never checked??? I'm sure they would have been happy to continue collecting my money without letting me know of any changes I could have made.  I win!

Monday was moving day. Over Stevens Pass on Highway 2, through the incredibly smoky valleys, to the Thousand Trails park at Crescent Bar. We got parked in the same site as last time we were here, right next to my sister Karen.


Karen is still work-camping here and asked if we wanted to next year. Hmmmm. That probably would screw up my SS Disability pay, but Donna said she would. She got interviewed and I think she has a job here come next April. A place to park the RV for $30.00 a month (electric charge), $10.00 an hour, and three 8 hour days a week. Cool!

That will sure help,.... if we have to replace our refrigerator. Yep, it doesn't like the hot days here. In Monroe, where the temps were around 80, everything ran pretty good. Here where temps are 90-95, the fridge got up to 54 degrees.

Since the RV tech said he thought the door seals were the issue, we have tried a couple of things. I stuck a bead of one half inch foam weatherstripping around the doors to try to get a better seal. That's not working as good as I had hoped. Now I am trying this:


This keeps the doors closed really tight. A little better, but no.

Options.... residential model - need additional batteries, and solar panels. We enjoy boondocking a lot.
A new RV refrigerator - Man! these puppies are spendy!
New doors with new seals - I'm just not sure this would fix it.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the RV in to get our new leveling jacks installed. They finally came in. I'll talk to the tech again and get some options.

We'll see how it goes.

In a few days, we are heading East to Newport, WA. We will meet up with our Escapees Christian Fellowship group and attend a Bluegrass Music Festival. Looking forward to that. Then I think we just may start heading down the Oregon coast.

Future plans include Death Valley in Oct/Nov. And Donna has her annual doctor's appointments in Livingston, TX right after Thanksgiving.

Rockin' &  Rollin'

No comments:

Post a Comment